two days into my current period of unemployment.
After registering over the phone yesterday I went to the Jobcentre in Elgin today for my initial job search interview. It turned out ok as my job search advisor was the daughter of folks who I knew through Elgin Baptist Church - Praise God! We spent some time catching up and I came away with details of 5 jobs that I am going to enquire about. So all in all a good day.
I am going to take my uniform back to my previous employer tomorrow morning and it will be good to thank the ladies for all their support over the last 18 months. As well as a bottle of decent red wine, and a lovely box of dark chocolates, they presented me with a voucher for dinner for two at a local hotel.
I've also being doing some housework and yesterday I cleaned out the back porch as well as doing some laundry. It would be just great if I could become a full time househusband but we just need that little bit more than Kriss' salary to help pay the bills. But hey, we have a roof over our heads, a bed to sleep in and a loving heavenly Father who cares for us.
Already I am feeling relaxed with not having to do a job where I am doing split shifts and hopefully I can enjoy a period of rest and reflection so that I can be refreshed and enabled to go into something new.
So that's me again - relaxed and hopeful and being blessed by my lovely grandson Will.