my last day in my job at the childcare centre. I am now unemployed.
The last two weeks have been a little difficult but the staff at work have been terrific. My feelings are somewhat mixed about leaving and I have been tempted to ask to stay but having had a bit of a scare healthwise, and spending a day and night in hospital, I know that I have made the right decision in leaving.
So last night I was out bowling with 17 ladies as I said goodbye. But they have insisted that I have to visit them from time to time so that I don't become a stranger. And that will be easy to do because they have been a great bunch to work alongside.
So the last few weeks have been a time when I have not had the time or, sometimes, the inclination to post. But hopefully I will rectify that in the weeks ahead.
So what now? Well, I have already put an application form in to the Community Transport Manager of the local council to apply to be taken on as a relief driver. Basically this means letting them know when you are available and hopefully you will be allocated driving tasks - mainly school runs. I am also going to apply for a couple of civilian jobs on the local RAF bases - one at Kinloss and one at Lossiemouth. Both jobs are to do with the control of electronic and mechanical aircraft tools and test equipment. They are both full time positions so if I was offered either I would have to consider the implications very carefully.
But first thing on Monday I have to register as unemployed. Not as daunting as it sounds, as I have done that twice in the past few years, but still a big step for me.
But I will still be busy next week as Kriss will be writing up a job list for me!!! But I'm looking forward to that and hopefully to a time of refreshment as I take time out to relax and have a few walks along the beach again.
So that's me up to date and looking forward to a relaxed evening with Kriss.