29 September 2005

Well, another

working week is nearly over for me and it has been a very busy week once again. But oh boy have I been blessed again!!!

I am starting to build up good relationships with a lot of the children and I have been able to teach two of the older boys the motto of my football [soccer] team Everton. In Latin the motto is "Nil satis nisi optimum". And a rough translation would be "Only the best is good enough". Which I think is a pretty good motto for a Christian.

Last night myself and Kriss had a good time of sharing with the couple who feel that cell is not for them at the moment. It was so good to meet with them and feel God's love surrounding us. I was nervous as we drove over to them but as soon as I stepped over their threshold my anxiety just fell away and I knew that the Holy Spirit was in control! Thank you Father.

We have cell tonight and Pastor Dave has decided that all the cells this week should be a gentle time of sharing and ministering to each other, so we are not following up Sunday's message unless someone wants to discuss it.

I had my first counselling session with Pastor Louise this morning and I felt that it was positive. I often feel inadequate as a leader or potential leader and Louise was able to identify areas of my walk with God that we can concentrate and reflect upon in the weeks ahead.

Our daughter Rachel is coming home tomorrow for a long weekend with us. On Saturday evening we are going to a show at her old high school and she will be meeting up with her drama teacher. I am praying that she will be able to fire up Rachel's love of acting/singing again. Rachel played Eliza Doolittle in the schools production of "My Fair Lady" and I know she is my daughter but she was excellent and carried the show for 4 nights and a matinee performance at 17 yrs old!

Have got wedding photos from the photographer and once I have got her permission I will scan them and post them up.

Catch up with you later.