gave the message yesterday - catch up with it at www.pinetreehouse.org - and he spoke to us about rejoicing. It was good that he shared with us about the different types of rejoicing. Now I'm not one for arm/hand waving/jumping up & down etc unless I get taken up in that way - I think that's the best way to say it! Anyway I am generally a gentle worshipper I guess. But it was encouraging to hear Vic tell us about the different meanings for the word "rejoice". Listen to the message on our church site and I pray that you will be blessed. The Old Vic is not a greatly experienced speaker but he, along with a number of people in our fellowship, is studying to become an Exhorter in the Church of God.
As well as a blessed time of fellowship yesterday, Everton won 1 v 0 away at Bolton. It wasn't the most skilful or entertaining of games but a win is a win. We are away at Villareal in Spain on Wednesday evening. It's the second leg of the European Champions League qualifier. We are 2 v 1 down from the first game and I'm not expecting us to win. If we don't get past Villareal it means that we will not get through to the group stages of the Champions league. However we will go into another European competition known as the UEFA Cup and hopefully we will progress in that. The Champions League in all honesty is probably a bit too much for us at the moment and we probably need another couple of seasons of good domestic competition before we can hope for any progress in the Champions League.
I'm back at work in just over an hour. I don't mind going in at 7am and then coming home for a few hours. I get things done that I would probably struggle to do in the evenings. I'll be home again at 5pm as on average I only do 5 hours/day.
Kriss is off to Glasgow tomorrow for three days so it's back to fending for myself in the cooking department - good job we have an excellent microwave oven as I don't do cooking!!!
Time for something to eat before work.