after the London bombings and the police and intelligence services have made significant progress in identifying the men who apparently carried out these multiple murders. Here's hoping that any other potential suicide bomb murderers are identified and apprehended before they carry out similar attacks.
I'm heartened by the way all the people in London and other places are going about their daily lives and by their defiant actions they are proclaiming that the extremists will not win, no matter what cause they think they are fighting for. In the 21st century there is no place for the use of force in this way. Just like the IRA and other para-military organisations in Ireland and Northern Ireland found out, you can not bomb your way to the negotiation table. Although I guess it could be argued that it was because of the bomb and the bullet that peace talks did eventually take place - not sure about that.
I pray that there will be no backlash against these mens' families - I guess they could be considered as victims too.
Well in just over two weeks son D will be getting married and Kriss and myself will have a daughter-in-law and we become the "in-laws"!!! Scary! I just hope it's not too long before I am a grandad and maybe I will become Papa Dave!
On Saturday me and son will be travelling just three hours down south to see Everton play a pre-season friendly against Motherwell at Fir Park Stadium, which is just outside Glasgow. It will be good to see the Blues again and we are just four weeks from the beginning of the English Premier League for season'05 - '06.
Prayer meeting this evening and tomorrow morning I'm due to have a chat with a guy called Gary who wants to talk with me after being challenged last Sunday by the exhortation given before we took communion - prayers for our time together at 10.30am UK time.
Went to Inverness this morning to pick up an order of youth orientated Bibles and music books for the cell groups. The music books will be a tremendous resource and the Bibles will be used in the "Underground" youth group and in "Rootsnshoots" on Sunday mornings. We just praise God for all His blessings.
That's about it for now - should be back from Glasgow about 9.30 on Saturday evening and I'll try to blog on Sunday.