07 July 2005

For the last hour

or so I have been watching Sky News reporting on the blasts in London this morning. It would appear that it has been a terrorist attack with possibly three bombs on tube trains and three bombs on buses. I guess London was always vunerable to this type of cowardly attack but once again our emergency services have reacted in a calm and professional manner. As the old folk song says, "We shall not be moved". The terrorist will never win, no matter what "coat" they wear!

Yesterday however the GB had the best news possible with the 30th Olympiad being awarded to the City of London! Commiserations to the other cities, except Paris!!!

Myself and Pastor Dave are really set on trying to go to some of the athletics; I'll be 63 and I guess it may well be the best opportunity I will have of going to the Olympic Games.

It's been an interesting week at work. I thought that my hours would have dropped quite a bit with the schools on their summer break but so far my hours have been about the same as usual. I have been helping with the children as well as my janitor work and yesterday we took 12 children into Elgin to take part in a sports coaching session. This afternoon I am supposed to be doing "gardening activities" with some of the older children! Now anyone that knows me knows that I am not a gardener so it should be a good laugh!Ha!

Tomorrow the leaders of our proposed cells of our cell church set up are going away for an overnight stay together. It will be from about 6pm until about 8pm on Saturday evening. We are going to be staying at a place called Nethy Station which is about an hour away and is a self catering holiday place. We hope and pray that it will be a Spirit led time together and that we will be totally open to God.


Tony Blair has just been on and announced that he is returning to London from the G8 Summit and will then return to the G8 later this evening. He made an excellent statement and emphasised really strongly that terrorism will not prevail.

So a happy day yesterday for London but a sad one today. However, London will come through this all the stronger for it. London has been through all this with the IRA and survived and God willing London will survive again and give the world the best Olympic Games ever!!!