the time and motivation to blog.
It's been an interesting week with one thing or another.
Kriss didn't get the job but it would seem that some decisions were made before the interview process took place. Kriss and her colleagues from the teams were surprised to find out that the interview board did not expect anyone to give any sort of presentation during the interview - Kriss had prepared a powerpoint presentation and there were no facilities provided. Now this is for a position that pays round about GBP31,000/year! ($57,000) It would seem that there were a lot of "politics" being played out so Kriss reckons she is well out of it and just concentrating on her current job. If God wants her somewhere else then He will open the doors.
I detest Saturdays during the close season - no proper football (soccer) until the middle of July. Everton are playing a pre-season friendly in Scotland against Motherwell on 16 July. Hopefully son D and me will be able to go to that one. Then Everton are off to Bangkok to play in a mini-tournament but unless some kind person comes up with the trip money then I reckon we will have to give that trip a miss!!! And of course we have got the qualifying round of the European Champions League to look forward to. Hopefully we will get through to the competition proper as it will be good to see Everton back in Europe after an absence of 20 years. Come on you blues! (COYB)
I've been really blessed through visiting two of my sisters in Christ this week. On Wednesday, me and Maureen went and fed the ducks and swans in Cooper Park, Elgin and then Maureen cooked lunch for me. Now I do not normally eat a cooked lunch and suffice to say that I did not need to cook anything for myself in the evening!!! Bless you Maureen.
On Thursday I visited Pauline. She is a sculptress and is currently working on a commision for a church down south. It's a cross with four side panels and it's a wonderfully inspired work. I'll post some photos when it's finished. We had a wonderfully relaxed time together.
This week I've learnt a bit more about grace. I've also seen God's Word used in such a vicious way that I was both saddened and confused. Grace just didn't come into the dogmatic rhetoric that was used to present an unprovoked attack on a dear brother of mine whose "sin" was to enjoy a Christian music festival! I do not want to give the person a platform so if they read this and want to comment I would respectfully ask them not to. You see they posted anonymously with no link to a blog or an email address. In my book that makes them an internet bully.
So an interesting and challenging few days. By God's grace I've been blessed, fed and challenged.
Can't really ask for better than that.
Shalom.