24 June 2005

Another good week

so far and the days have just flown by.

The job is developing and yesterday evening I was at a meeting hosted by the Moray Childcare Partnership - I was the only guy but I was made very welcome and had an interesting chat with one of the women who facillitates various childcare courses of home study leading to recognised qualifications. At various times throughout the courses you are assessed. Anyway the upshot is that I am going to study for a qualification which will qualify me for after school clubs and holiday play schemes. The various organisations who legislate childcare are desperate for more men to be involved in childcare and I believe that I can make a positive contribution. I covet your prayers.

It's just a few weeks to the beginning of the season and Everton's first match is at home to Manchester Utd on Saturday 13 August. I don't think I'll make it to that one as it is only two weeks after my son's wedding.

David and Laura are getting married on Saturday 30 July here at the cottage and we are having a barbeque before heading off into Elgin for the wedding dance in the evening.

Visiting Inverness tomorrow to buy music books for the cell groups which will be starting at the beginning of September. Also planning to buy Bibles for "Underground", which is a children's club on a Monday evening for 10 - 13 years - mainly unchurched.

I've been feeling weary the last two days but it's probably a combination of the warm weather and my medication.

Time for an early lunch as I'm back at work early this afternoon.