24 April 2005

Got back

last night just before 11pm after leaving Liverpool at 4pm. It was the easiest trip I've ever experienced between Liverpool and Elgin - the motorway (freeway) was quiet, the weather just right and we were able to maintain a constant speed. Stopped for half an hour at Gretna services and then for a quick coffee at Ballinluig. Total journey time including stops was just under 7 hours, which is excellent for that journey.

Everton drew 1 v 1 with Birmingham City, which was disappointing, but it was great to be back at Goodison Park amongst fellow supporters. It was also a good time with son David and it was nice to realise that he was looking out for "the old man" and making sure that I didn't get too excited!!!

We are just about to go to evening service and I've got something really interesting to post but I'll do that tomorrow.