before I went to the match, I went to have a look at where I used to live as a teenager.
Now dad died Jan '92 and mum moved into a nursing home in '93, and died Nov '98. So the last time I was in that home was when Kriss and I cleared it out in '93.
Now just about every time I have been down to Liverpool in the subsequent 12 & a bit years, I have gone and had a look at how my boyhood home has changed etc. So on Saturday morning I was sitting in the car, with son David, outside 49 .............. and it suddenly came to me about knocking on the door; so I did. The door was opened by a rather large and initially a seemingly intimidating man. I explained who I was and immediately recieved an invite to enter in! We were made so welcome! It was so weird stepping over that threshold and going into a place that had been so familiar to me! The couple who live there have done a wonderful job with the place and it is so well decorated. It was wonderful to be able to sit and visit in a place that meant so much to me. I was even able to visit the back bedroom that my brother and I had shared and where he had been born! Wonderful memories!
It is a glorious spring day; I can hear the birds outside; It's spring and summer is coming!