Man. Utd. 1 v 0 last night and Everton's grand old stadium, Goodison Park, was an absolute cauldron of noise! It was a pulsating match and Everton throughly deserved the victory which was their first against MU in the Premiership since 1995. The MU manager, Sir Alex Ferguson, is not known for his graciousness and his after match comments were pathetic: "The referee was weak and Everton exploited that.", was one of his gems last night. He has conviently forgotten the number of times his players have harrangued and intimidated match officials over the years. Everton played to their strengths and never let MU gain control of the game and up popped Duncan Ferguson to score a headed goal 10 minutes into the second half. MU had two players sent off - Gary Neville for deliberately kicking the ball at a fan in the crowd and Paul Scholes for a deliberate kick at Kevin Kilbane. Basically MU lost their cool and couldn't handle being beaten by what they consider to be a lesser team.
The job is going well and I'm gradually getting used to being the only guy on the premises! I'm starting to learn the names of the children and hopefully I am starting to make a good contribution that will be appreciated. Some people have commented about the fact that my hours are split - 7.30 to 09.30am and 2.30 to 4.30pm - and some evening hours to carry out some of the cleaning. It's ok though because when I get home between those hours I can cut the grass like today, and do other stuff before Kriss comes home, and the evening is then free.
Myself and son David travel down to England tomorrow evening and continue to Liverpool on Saturday morning to see Everton play Birmingham City. Travel back Saturday night. I just hope Saturday's game is as good as last nights - COYB!!! (come on you blues!!!)