01 February 2005

A busy

day ahead so I thought it would be best to blog just now.

I'm dog walking at 9.30. Pastor Dave's mother-in-law came out of hospital yesterday after having a procedure done on her eyes and I've voluntered to take Mickey for a walk. He is a bit of a handful but in the past I've learnt to be firm with him and he is really ok.

Once again we have tragedy invovling teenagers and cars - http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/4224915.stm - and I can relate a little to this. My brother died at the age of 22 in 1978 after being in a coma for 7 months; his girl friend died in the accident. Is it just me or does anyone else think that 17 is just too young to be driving around on the roads? It's 17 for motorbikes as well but I wonder if there should be some kind of speed resriction until someone has been driving for say a year, no matter what age you are when you first start driving? Some of the driving I've seen around our local area recently leaves a lot to be desired and it is all age groups! Maybe there should be a driving retest say every five years.

Everton have been drawn at home in the next round of the FA Cup and it's against Manchester Utd who are the current holders of the cup. Check this out - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/fa_cup/4220991.stm - if you read the part about Wayne Rooney you need to know that this young man will probably not receive a warm welcome from a lot of the Everton fans. You see, young Wayne was brought up as an Evertonian and then went to Man. Utd. last summer in a transfer which was not wanted by the fans. He was one of us you see - an Evertonian; a blue - he even wore a t-shirt once saying, "Once a blue, always a blue" - yeh right, but only until I can get more money somewhere else!!!

Gotta go and take Mickey for a walk.