30 January 2005

It's just about

bedtime but I just wanted to say "Congratulations" to all the Iraqi people who put in the effort to vote today. I know it's not perfect but it's a start. Some people were not able to vote because of admin problems. Some people chose not to vote and that is their right. But I pray that this day is the beginning of the end of foreign troops being in Iraq.

It has been a good weekend for us. I was able to buy a good jacket to wear at the wedding next Saturday; Kriss got a lovely long skirt and a couple of tops to choose from and I have decided that I am not going to wear a tie. Oh I know some people will not approve but I am determined to feel relaxed and comfortable.

Everton beat Sunderland 3 v 0 yesterday in the fourth round of the FA Cup. The draw for the fifth round takes place tomorrow and I'm not really bothered who we are drawn against, as long as we are drawn at home.

So I'm off to a lovely warm bed just now - today's worship services were encouraging and my son & future daughter-in-law were at the evening service which was doubly-encouraging!! Praise God!!!