28 January 2005

Tomorrow

myself & Kriss will be going to Inverness to try and find a decent jacket for me and "something" for Kriss to wear for our pastor's eldest daughter's wedding next Saturday - 5 Feb. It's going to be a reasonably big affair and in one way I'm not looking forward to the day as a whole. It's going to be great seeing Miriam & John, as two Christians, being married in the sight of God; Pastor Dave will be walking Miriam down the aisle and not conducting the service; Pastor Dave is also my best mate - after Kriss of course - and I know he is going to look so proud as he does that walk; John, along with Miriam, plays guitar in our church praise band and Pastor Dave is a pretty good guitarist himself so already they have common gound. The one thing I'm not looking forward to is the meal. I'm not a fan of what I refer to as a "sit down meal" at a wedding. These type of meals take hours to serve, everyone is sitting around in their "Sunday Best" looking uncomfortable with ties, jackets, suits and dresses done up to tight!!! One good thing though is that the evening dance is with a swing orchestra so at least that's something that we can enjoy. Watch out for the photos.

Today is a day for relaxing, reflection & repair. I'ts been a very full week with one thing and another and I need to take time out with God. We didn't go to the prayer meeting last night as Kriss wasn't too good after coming home from work - in fact she all but fainted at one point. However she went into work today but she assured me that she would let me know straight away if she felt unwell.

I feel that I have been in a resting pool - you know, like in a salmon ladder in a river - since the heart attack and now is the time to seek God's will for the next stage. I shall go and see my future employer later today and check that the job is still open for me and then take it from there. I guess I am feeling a little lost in that I lack direction at the moment but I suppose that's understandable given the last few months.

Ah well, time to get into the day- is ironing clothes therapeutic?!!!