I spent all day Tuesday, Tuesday night and Wednesday morning in the Cardiac Care Unit of our local hospital after suffering some chest pain on Monday evening and Tuesday morning.
The medics in the emergency unit were excellent - thanks to Lynn & Laura - and the staff in the CCU, ward 8 of Dr. Gray's hospital, were also excellent - special thanks to Kim & Kerris.
The two blood tests that were carried out both came back negative so it wasn't a cardiac episode. Best guess at the moment is that it was stress related although it could have been viral.
However it means that we have had to cancel our trip to Malta but we are going away for three nights next week for a mid-week break to stay in an hotel in an area close to where we spent our honeymoon - it's about 3 hours drive away. We fully intend to make good use of the hotel swimming pool and we just might spend most of our time sitting out on the porch!
So, I've had some unexpected days off work and now it's two weeks holiday time and then back for two weeks and then I'm finished with my current job on 10 November.
Thanks for the messages of encouragement and I am resting in the knowledge that God has a plan for me and that all I need to do is look to Him and He will guide me in the way that He would have me go.