that it has been a good weekend.
Yesterday a group of us were through at Inverness Church of God. It was a blessed time of coming before the Lord.
One speaker took us through a series of points about "The Da Vinci Code". Now I have to say that I have not read the book or seen the film. Generally I tend to shy away from things that are promoted as "unmissable" etc. I refuse being conned into putting money into someones pocket just because they have written something that is supposed to be a must have.
However the speaker yesterday challenged us about being ready to answer questions that family, friends or work colleagues might come up with about the book. He took us through quite a number of supposed facts in the book and also some inaccuracies. In Jude verse 3 we are exhorted to " earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.". So we need to be ready with the truth.
We had teaching from John 8 v 1 - 11. The woman caught in adultery had a need - it was to stay alive! We were reminded that needs like this are self generated; we inflict problems on ourselves because we don't learn the lesson first time around! But Jesus turns the need into a point of grace: v11: "And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.".
No news yet about a grandchild - tomorrow is the due date but Harry, the consultant, who is a member of our fellowship, is due to see daughter-in-law L on Tuesday. And because she is so small - 4' 11" - he may well end up doing a C-section.
A good day of being with the Lord today. Praise God!