a difficult week with one thing and another.
It's not going well at work and, whilst I generally enjoy my time there, I feel that I have lost direction. I was convinced that it was the right thing to become more involved with the afterschool club children. However, shortly after signing up to that, my hours were changed and the only time I really spend with them is on the bus during the school pick up run. Not quality time at all!
I'm at a crossroads again and I am starting to sense that it might be time to move on. Fortunately we only have just over two years left on the mortgage and so I don't really need to have a job that is a career. Neither does it have to be full time. But I need to be open to God's leading.
About 5 years ago I was talking with a guy who has an evangelistic healing ministry and we were talking about reaching retirement and enjoying the fruits of our labours. But he reminded me that Moses didn't have a "career" until he was 80 and maybe God was just allowing us the time to finish the mortgage and then we would be used by God in a more overt way. And recently those words that were spoken over me about that have been coming back to me. I am starting to consider the possibility that God wants me to start getting involved in Christian projects of a practical nature and that this could involve trips overseas.
So I would covet your prayers in this and I pray that God would make straight the way ahead.