06 October 2005

We have

cell tonight. Hopefully the absentees from last week will be able to come.

We will be discussing the following:

Please read Ruth Chap 2 v1 through to Chap 3 v4.

Discuss the following points:

Availability indicates our loving commitment to God, the Kingdom, the household of faith, your brothers and sisters, the world.

Availability is measured in terms of our degree of engagement with God & His people.

Availability & surrender are linked. Surrender is easy when you’re loved.

Service flows out of surrendering and being loved - not serving to be loved.

Questions:
1. Thinking about need, responsibility, gratitude and desire, where are you at, at the moment?
2. Do you think a loving God calls us out of love for us or His demand for surrender & service?
3. Do you want to surrender something or everything to Him today?
[ Both responses may be right.]

W: What’s the point [ of the message ] ?
W: What’s it got to do with me ?
W: What am I going to do about it ?

Dot = Full Stop [To What do I need to bring an end in my lifewalk ? ]

Net: How can I use what I have learned to be equipped or to directly reach out to others?

Had a good session with Pastor Louise this morning. It would seem that I've still got some issues with the leadership from my previous church fellowship. I know that leadership in the form of deacons and elders is scriptual but, because of my bad experiences with it in the past, I am apprehensive of:

a] having deacons and elders brought into the current set up;
b] being asked to be a part of that type of leadership team;
c] not being in line with God's will for our fellowship.

Praise God!!!