09 September 2005

This week will go down

as a legacy stone in the life of our fellowship - five cells met for the first time.

Myrtle Cell, that's ours, met last night. For a first time meeting Kriss reckons it went well. I, of course, am not too sure. One of the members of our cell, whose home we meet in, has a lot of experience of housegroups/cells and I have to admit that I feel intimidated by that. However, he is a gifted guitarist and has been a worship leader in the past. Praise God that he is in our cell!

I felt that all 10 of us were able to contribute in some way and hopefully, as we become more spiritually intimate with each other, the dynamics of the group will develop in a positive way.

In about 40 minutes, folks will start arriving for what will be a surprise birthday party for a sister in the Lord - Sharon is 30 today! I can just about remember being 30! Ha! If everyone that knows about this get together turns up then the cottage will be a very friendly place this evening! Unfortunately it is dark by 8.15 now but at the moment it is dry and still sunny. So, even though it will be dark, folks will still be able to sit outside.

Hopefully have some photos to post up over the weekend.