have sort of disappeared into .........I don't really know.
Monday and Tuesday, between my morning and afternoon shifts, I was in 'class' to learn about "Challenging Behaviour". Very challenging in itself as, having been a bit of a right wing lock 'em up and throw away the keys type of guy, you have to distance yourself from what is apparently the popular view of how to deal with challenging behaviour in youngsters/teenagers/young adults. A lot of what I was taught is not really applicable to my work but it gave me an insight into what can be done to influence young children in a positive way.
Tonight is cell night and Kriss is leading tonight; I'll be presenting a short reminder of last week and then Kriss will present the discussion to tie in with last Sunday's message.
We are looking at Priorities; ie: Godly Priorities and Pastor Dave has been preaching from Matthew 22 and highlighting verses 37-40. We are attempting to contrast how we should try to live our lives for God with the way the Sadducees, the Pharisees, the Herodians and the Legalists [v35] lived their lives.
So please pray for us. I've shared already how intimidated I feel because of one person who I perceive to be academically superior to me and I'm struggling with those feelings. I know it is only my perception and I pray that I will be open to God's leading and power to be able to deal with this situation.
Everton are playing over in Romania tonight against Dinamo Bucharest. It will be a hard game for us and if we come away with a draw then we will have done ok. We can then get them back to Goodison Park for the second leg of this UEFA Cup Tie and hopefully beat them and progress in the competition - but I'm not holding my breath!
I've got some grass to cut before going back to work so cheerio for now.