03 September 2005

I have blogged

the beginning of my testimony over on my testimony blog.

Myself and Kriss have had a good day today; a warm sunny day in each other's company. Kriss has done some study for her Exhorter's exam and I watched England win against Wales 1 v 0 in a World Cup Qualifier. (Exhorter is the first rung on the Church of God ministerial ladder.)

The sunflower that Kriss planted has been measured for the church sunflower growing competition. It was measured as being 2 metres and 2 centimetres high which is about 6 feet and 7 inches!

Mulch Cell was such a blessing on Thursday evening. When I got home from work I just had time for a shower before leaving to go through for the meeting. It would have been very easy to stay at home as I was really tired after work. Praise God I went. Everyone is basically feeling the same about the beginning of the cells - excitement with a touch of apprehension. Stevie really encouraged us to be faithful and trust God. Now there's an encouragement. When Kriss and I were in Elgin Baptist Church we had the responsibility of running a children's club for 7 - 11 year olds. Stevie was one of those children who was there for a couple of years. As a teenager and young adult he went off the rails - drugs and alchohol etc - and now, by the grace of God he is going to be one of our cell leaders! What a change has been wrought in his life in the last four years! He is now in his late twenties.

Tomorrow we are back to two services so that is the end of our summer programme. It is dark in the evening now by 8.45 and not really light in the mornings until 5.30. So we are heading swiftly into autumn (fall) which is my favourite season. It will soon be dark by 8, and then 7 and then before we know it by 4.30pm and it will not get light in the mornings until 8am. Ugh!

We are also having a relaxing evening and I reckon that when I've published this blog I'm going to put my pj's on, put my feet up and watch CSI-Miami. I prefer CSI-New York but only because I spent my 50th birthday there and we just loved it.

Goodnight and God Bless.