01 September 2005

I am feeling spiritually

overwhelmed.

There were so many thoughts and feelings swirling around inside me this morning that I just needed to get home from work and quietly rest up.

It's not just the enormity of what has happened or what is happening to the Gulf Coast but there is a lot of personal stuff going on as well. I know that a lot of the time I have feelings of low self esteem and I know that is a generational thing from my mum but this seems to be more than that. I know in my head that God loves me but I have difficulty in believing that truth in my heart.

Our cell leader's cell is meeting tonight; Pastor Dave has named it the Mulch Cell - well the other cells are named after the trees in Isaiah 41 v 19 so I guess it makes sense! And again I am starting to feel inadequate. I know it's all down to false perception but I look at the other cell leaders and I talk them up in my mind; they become spiritual giants and I become weak and ineffectual. Now I know deep within that that is not true and Satan is whispering lies to me. But I find it so hard to break through and accept that the other cell leaders are experiencing the same thoughts and feelings. I know they are; they have told me and there is not one of my fellow cell leaders who I do not trust or love with all my heart! Pray for our meeting tonight. It's the last one before our cells start meeting officially next week.

I praise God for all His blessings. I give thanks in the name of Jesus and by the power of the Holy Spirit I will overcome the lies of the evil one.