12 March 2005

Today I caught

the mole that has been tunnelling it's way around the grass at the rear of the cottage! I am hoping that it is the same one that has been "operating" in the field that we have at the front but I think that would be too much to hope for! A fresh mole hill had appeared close to the cottage and I was planning on clearing it today. So, round about 1pm after coming home after a church council meeting, I was about to go out the back when I noticed that the soil in the mole hill was moving. So I went out, picked up a spade and waited, poised just above the mole hill. More movement and I swung the spade at the mole hill - drat! Caught only fresh air and a spadeful of soil! So back into the warmth and had a coffeee. 30 minutes later, more movement of the mole hill; so back outside to be ready with the spade. No further movement after 10 minutes so flattened and cleared the mole hill. Back inside and spent 30 - 40 minutes learning about blog links and other stuff. Kriss gives a mole alert and lo and behold the pesky thing has started another hill in the same place. So straight outside, pick up spade and bring it down in a sort of digging motion and I got the mole!!! How such a little creature can cause so much damage and, yes, emotion, is unbelievable! You see they look so innocent and cuddly but they are a pest!!!

No game for Everton this weekend but next weekend we are away at Liverpool who are our city rivals. The two stadiums are only a half mile apart with Stanley Park separating them. We are one place above them in the league and it would be great to beat them again this season having already beaten them at home at Goodison Park.

A wonderfully Holy Spirit led church council meeting this morning - can't go into any details just yet but this summer will be an interesting and challenging time for all the fellowship. Praise God!

I did some driving as a volunteer, for my future employer, this past week. I have my theory test on the afternoon of 22 March and then, after passing, God willing, I will be able to book the practical driving test. It's weird because although I am only going for a licence to drive mini-buses with upto 16 passenger seats, the theory test will also contain questions that only apply to larger buses - stuff about air brakes, tachographs and dealing with fare paying passengers etc. But the main thing is that at the moment they still want me as their mini-bus driver. Praise God.

It has been an encouraging and very positive week. I overdid it a bit when I was working with Kriss taking down the row of bushes at the side of the field, but I know that I need to slow down physically - I know it, I just need to put it into practice!

The plan is go out and eat this evening. Not decided where yet so we may just have a cosy night at home!