02 March 2005

It took

quite an effort to drag myself into the day this morning. I woke feeling down about a number of things including my work situation. However, the day has got better as it's gone along.

But first, yesterday. Vic, a pal from church called and asked if I wanted to go to a football (soccer) game last night. He works for a company that has tickets available for it's workers to go to see Ross County. They are in the Scottish First Division which is really the second league in Scotland. Anyway they were at home to St. Mirren and we went along. What a mistake that was! It was awful; possibly the poorest game of professional football I have ever seen! It was made even worse as Ross County lost 1 v 0. They are Vic's team and he was not impressed. But hey ho, we had some time together.

Back to today. As I've said my work situation has been getting to me and I was thinking about my driving licence coming back from the authorities ready for me to be able to start bus driving training. I've made contact with the driving school in town and that was hard work talking to the guy who runs it. He just didn't seem interested. So this morning I'm starting to feel sorry for myself, check my e-mails and there is an encouraging one from Pastor Dave; Richard from church calls and we arrange to meet up to go for a walk on the beach and then Bob from church calls and says that he was prompted to call to see how I was doing and to make sure that I was ok! We had a good chat & I felt really uplifted. So, get back from the walk down the beach and in amongst the mail is my new photo driving licence which is my normal car driving licence but also allows me to go ahead with the bus driving training! Praise God!

So, if you feel prompted to make contact with someone, who you know may just be feeling down about something, then make sure you do it. You'll be blessed and so will they!