16 March 2005

Have not had

"the phone call" yet. I'm starting to think that maybe I misheard and it was me that was supposed to call back. But maybe I'm just paranoid! However, I shall wait until later this morning and if I haven't heard, say, by 10.30 then I'll just call and hopefully find out what is happening. I need to get this straight as I am taking the theory test next Thursday.

Liverpool v Everton is on TV this Sunday afternoon; for the first time in a long time I am looking forward to a "derby" - games between geographically close teams are known as "a derby game".

Men's fellowship last night was a study and discussion about Obadiah - the one in 1 Kings 18. What a man of God! There is not too much written about him but, once you start to look into the situation he was in, you soon realise the sort of man he would have had to have been. He must have been trusted by Ahab; he was in a position of some responsibility; he kept one hundred prophets hidden from Jezebel and he fed and watered them in the midst of a famine! Now, did Ahab know about these prophets and decide not to say anything because he wanted to keep Obadiah as his trusted Governor? Did Obadiah sort of re-direct food and water "quietly" to the prophets? Did he pay for it himself? Amazing how you can get into a character in a discussion group. Well worth it!

It looks as if we are going to have to upgrade one of our cars this year. Kriss' Astra is having part of the exhaust replaced today and there is a lot of other bits and pieces need doing on it. Although it is in reasonable condition it is 10 years old. Mine is a 10 year old turbo diesel Citroen, which is also in reasonable condition. Having the turbo helps a lot on the country roads around here when you come up behind slow moving farm traffic. Also, I would travel down to Liverpool in the Citroen but not the Astra. Now son David leases a Renault Clio from a local dealer. Ok, you never actually own the car but you can get a new car every three years and some of the servicing costs are included in the deal. The Astra will probably have to go and although we will probably not get a Clio I think we will look at a lease deal. I've always liked Honda and there are two local dealers now. So you never know, we just may have a new car in a few months time after I am back at work. It would be our first new car since 1977!

Just had a call from Kriss - the Astra is ready; we use a couple of guys in Elgin who run a private workshop and they are excellent. They are always busy but although Kriss only saw them yesterday they told her to bring the car in first thing this morning and now 2 hours later it's ready!

Listening to BBC Radio Merseyside at the moment via the internet - "Woman" by John Lennon is playing. Excellent!