21 January 2005

It's

Friday already! This week has just gone by so quickly! I guess that's because I have been so busy most of the time.

At the prayer meeting last night we were given an update on the S.E. Asia disaster and in particular what TEARFUND have been doing.

Today I must finally put the study back together so that we can clear all the books etc from our daughter's old bedroom and get them back into the study.

I did the weekly recycling run yesterday. It's amazing that since we have been recycling our rubbish (trash) we have gone down from two bags a week for the rubbish collection to one bag a fortnight!!! The amount of plastic containers and plastic wrapping that we have forced upon us is amazing and , for the most part, unecessary! We also have a green cone now which is in the garden and is used for getting rid of food left overs. It doesn't give us manure or compost but it sort of encourages the ground to digest the food! (does that make sense?)! Anyway I feel good that we are trying to do our bit to help.

Everton are at home to Charlton Athletic tomorrow. We should win but I think it will be a close game. We are a few points ahead of the teams below us but we need to keep winning so that we are in with a good chance of maintaining our challenge for a place in one of the European competitions next year.

Something a bit controversial to finish with: In my opinion it's an absolute disgrace for an estimated $40,000,000 to be spent on the President's Inaugaration(?) and for there to be parties and balls going on when so many people are being killed in Iraq. It is beyond belief that a president can be so insensitive - a simple swearing in ceremony in the White House would have been sufficient. End of.