and today is the end of another year; next birthday I will be 56 and sometimes it scares me to think that I was born just four years after the second world war. Mum and dad had been married for just nine months and one week! So I guess I was a honeymoon baby! Nice.
As I have become older I have started to remember stuff from early years; the earliest memory I have is from when I was about 4 years old and I have some vague notion of a memory from when I was 2 or 3 in a nursery school which used to be at the end of the street by my grandmother's house.
Just got a call from friends to go round their place tonight for a Hogmany get together; now the Scots really know how to party and especially at New Year; but we're not talking drunk here; it's just that they know how to enjoy themselves and if you have ever been to a proper Scottish wedding you will know what I mean! There is nothing to beat a good Scottish wedding!!!
Listening to BBC Radio Merseyside via the internet; it's the radio station that is based in my home city of Liverpool. You know I've just reminded myself of what I miss at new year being up in Scotland - it's the ships' hooters at midnight on the River Mersey!!! very evocative sound from my youth.
Off to Pastor Dave's for lunch just now - a load of us are getting together for turkey broth - what else?!!! - and then a relaxed afternoon before party time tonight.