been so busy!
Yesterday I visited the Programme Centre at Moray College in Elgin. The Programme Centre [PC] is a place that unemployed folks can go to get help in putting together their CV, search for jobs using the internet and newspapers, use various facilities like the telephone or fax machine & you can also claim travel costs. The PC is staffed by four very helpful people who are very supportive. Free tea & coffee available!
I had already applied for a "Men in Care" course - men going into social care jobs. Now originally I had applied to go on the evening course which was going to be one evening a week for 20 weeks. This would enable me to continue looking for a job whilst doing the course. However there were not enough takers for the evening course and I didn't think it would be possible to go on the daytime version as that is going to be 4 days a week for 6 weeks, starting at the beginning of February. Now on Sunday, after the morning service, I was talking with Stewart who works for our local council. He is part of the team that is developing a local flood alleviation scheme and they need someone part time to help them develop a database for all their info, plans, etc. It will only be a few hours a week but I should be able to work in the afternoons only. Now that, surprise surprise, would fit nicely with the fact that the daytime "Men in Care" course will be 10am - 1pm, Tuesday - Friday!!! Also, through another brother in Christ, there is the possibility of a full time daytime job, Monday - Friday. But more of that later if indeed that happens! Praise God!
Now on top of that there is an HNC [Higher National Certificate course - about half a college degree] in 'Early Education & Childcare' starting next week and that will be on Monday evenings. So I've registered for that. I'll be paying for the HNC course but the "Men in Care" is free.
And this morning I took daughter R through to the company that her partner M works for. She had an interview for a job in their IT dept - Baxters.
In other news: Son and myself are flying down to Liverpool, on Saturday evening, from Inverness, to see Everton v Reading. We are staying with the parents of one of Pastor Dave's son-in-laws on Saturday night, in Liverpool, going to the game on Sunday afternoon and flying back on Sunday night. This is the first time that we have been able to fly down from our local airport direct to Liverpool and it just feels so strange to be able to travel to my home city in this way! It's really cheap as well! LOL!
We are having dinner with R & M this evening - just a short walk up to the cottage.
So that's me for now, Kriss will be home soon.