30 December 2006

Will visited with us today.



Will was just a bundle of giggles when he was with us this afternoon. This was really good for Nana Kriss as she has been unwell this week with a really heavy cold - possibly a touch of flu. She took to her bed early on Tuesday and for Wednesday and Thursday; had a few hours in the sitting room yesterday before heading off back to bed early evening but has managed to be out of bed for most of today. Will made such a difference to how Kriss was feeling and she really brightened up. She has gone off to bed just now and should have a good nights rest.

Now 'kitchen' & 'Dave' & 'cooking' are not normally three words that you would normally put together. However, after feeding us yesterday out of packets and tins, I managed to prepare chilli con carne for us this evening. Now, although the chilli was out of a tin, I did manage to prepare the rice ok. It was a little bit sticky, not quite up to Kriss' standard, but edible nontheless! And of course I have prepared numerous cups of tea and coffee over the last four days and they have been up to my normal high standard!!! And I managed to feed myself!!! LOL!

Earlier on today I spent some time looking back over the last two years of blogging. Amazing what you find! I'm grateful for the encouragement I've received and also the critiscim - in many instances it has been challenging and has made me examine my relationship with God. Above all I have been reminded of the prayer support that I have received in that time and I just want to say thank you for that. I've also been reminded of just how big & diverse the Christian family is.

Now I don't normally do new year resolutions. In fact I reckon the only serious one I ever made was at the beginning of 1976. And that was to stop smoking and I did that in the February! Anyway, I found a blog today - hopingandpraying - that lists a challenging lists of goals. Maybe you will be challenged.

So tomorrow is the last day of 2006. I pray that you will be encouraged by what you have experienced this past year and I pray that you will be waiting for 2007 with eager anticipation.