15 August 2006

This place

was never intended to be a place where myself or anyone else would have to deal with the sort of things that 'pog' posts as comments. That said, I guess it could be argued, that by posting up a sort of journal, you are putting yourself in front of a firing squad!

However, I am not prepared to engage in any sort of "but scripture says this" type of discussion.

I am disappointed, but not surprised, that 'pog' has turned down the visit invitation. But once again 'pog' has made an erroneous assumption. I never indicated in any way that I felt that the idea of the invitation was given by God - in fact I knew from the outset that it was from me, so maybe that was indeed wrong of me.

'pog' has asked me to reply to the comment 'line by line'. Now I have read the last two comments line by line and am considering all that has been written but as I have said I will not be drawn into a "but scripture says this" type discussion. A side step maybe, but one I think needs to be made in these circumstances.

Some things I feel I can comment on are:

1] 'pog' has made a big deal of Pilot Mom's comment about looking forward to going to heaven to get away from smoking. "Oh dear", is my reaction. 'pog', is there no humour in your life? Are you so bereft of humour that you did not realise that this was a humourous comment?

2] Continuing with 'heaven': I have never stated that I am going to be in heaven to be with my parents. 'pog' has assumed again that this is my take on 'heaven'. And I am well aware of the order of events relating to end times - they are and will indeed be times of great persecution for the church.

3] Christmas: Where do I start? You need to check with the folks that I fellowship with! Boy o boy have we had some discussions on this one. And believe it or not 'pog' I have a certain level of sympathy for your take on the holiday called Christmas!

4] I don't want to share with anyone about my prayer life or my reading of scripture because whilst that would be boasting I also realise that it is not enough - I need to come before the Lord each and every day - as you say 'pog', we are supposed to die daily. There are things in my life that need to be dealt with, for me to repent of, but, again, I will not post about those things for they are things that I have to bring before the Lord on a daily basis.

5]"And then you practice "Easter" not passover. Jesus died at passover not Easter. But you keep Easter.
Jesus died on a wednesday not a friday. He rose on the sabbath a saturday, not a sunday." ['pog's' words]

Now I know that I said I didn't want to get into a "but scripture says this" discussion. However, in John 19 v31 we have these words: " The Jews therefore, because it was the preparation, that the bodies should not remain upon the cross on the sabbath day, (for that sabbath day was an high day,) besought Pilate that their legs might be broken, and that they might be taken away."
And also in John 19 v42: "There laid they Jesus therefore because of the Jews' preparation day; for the sepulchre was nigh at hand."
Now, as far as I understand it, the preparation was Friday, the day before the sabbath - John 19 v14 also - . Now apparently it was a high day because it was the Sabbath during the Passover week. They did not want the body to stay on the cross during the Sabbath I believe.
Also I have always understood that the three days linked to the resurrection included the day of crucifixion and the day of resurrection, with the Sabbath in between - this is, I believe, the way that Jews count the days. But of course I may be wrong.

'pog' accuses me of loving the things of this world - just because myself and some blog buddies post about the things of this world does not mean that we love the things of this world. And as for having a mortgage, oh dear! I am just lost for words on that one.

So there you have my reply; not a complete one, I admit, but it is the one I believe I can give at this time.

You see, I have decided not to blog for a while. Some may say that this is the easy option but I have decided on this so that I can concentrate more on my walk with God. I don't need someone like 'pog' to remind me that I am a sinner saved through the Grace of my Lord Jesus Christ, the Lamb of God.

I will keep in touch by email with some of you and occasionally I will post up photos but that is it for now.

I will not be allowing comments on this post. If you need to, you can get in touch by email.

'pog', please don't use the comments area on previous posts. You have already stated that you have washed my blood from your hands; you have said goodbye more than once so I would appreciate it if you do finally say goodbye. Goodbye.