21 July 2006

Weather wise

here in the UK we have experienced one of those weeks of extreme weather that we are just not used to. It has been very hot and humid and I for one have struggled with the heat. Didn't feel too good when I got home from work yesterday evening but thankfully it was a good bit cooler than it had been during the day.

We invested in a portable cooler two years ago and it is very useful for cooling down the bedroom in the evenings. I don't understand why even new build houses and other new buildings don't seem to have air conditioning. The argument seems to be that in the UK we don't really need it. Well I reckon air conditioning is going to have to be standard for new builds, in the UK, in the not too distant future. It is absolute bliss walking into an air conditioned environment from the hot sticky outdoors! Average temperatures will continue to rise and for longer periods so it makes sense to have air conditioning. I know son & daughter-in-law are considering it for the proposed new build next to us. For the comfort value alone it makes it worthwhile having even if you only use it for a few weeks of the year.

Tomorrow there are some of us from the fellowship going down to Glasgow. We are going down to Sighthill to welcome a new fellowship into the Church of God Scotland. Probably get back about 10pm tomorrow evening.

I have something floating around in my head about my relationship with my Lord and Saviour and as yet nothing is really firming up. I believe I have been directed to certain scriptures over the last two weeks and I have noted them down. I've also been unsettled at work and had a chat with the owner about 10 days ago; came away from that feeling a bit more positive but will need to wait for another 3 or 4 weeks to see if anything changes for the better or wether I will have to look for something else.

But I trust in the Lord and I know that He will lead and direct.