has just zipped by!
The days have been busy as I have been doing extra hours at work. One morning I helped out in the 1 - 2 years old room - what a delight that was!
I spent yesterday morning through in Inverness with the husband of my boss - actually, he is the co-boss! He was taking his driving test for the mini-bus so that he could cover for me. Unfortunately he didn't pass - all I can say is that the examiner had a bee in his bonnet about a particular thing and didn't explain himself very well about another part of the test. But such is life.
Having had a very long day at work yesterday and having not slept very well for the past week I didn't go to cell church last night. I keep waking up between 3 & 5 am. Now as far as I am aware I am not anxious about anything; I generally get off to sleep fairly quickly. I am possibly suffering from a reaction to the simvastatin that I am taking for my cholestoral level so I reckon I'll need to check in with the doc.
Kriss is treating herself to a new hairstyle tomorrow - it's going to be short again as she wants to be able to sort it quickly in the mornings. I suggested that she should shave it all off but that didn't go down too well!!!
Pastors Dave & Louise are down south this weekend to attend a memorial service of a dear friend of theirs. He died just before Christmas and was just in his late fifties.
So we have two ladies speaking on Sunday - please pray for Lynn and Kriss. Lynn is speaking in the morning and it's her first time.
Everton drew 1 v 1 at Wigan Athletic on Tuesday evening and one of our players was sent off for punching an opponent. It was Duncan Ferguson, known as "drunk 'n' disorderly". He has a reputation as a hard man; he is a Scot, well over 6' in height and very well built - not a man to argue with! About 2 years ago two thieves made the mistake of breaking into his home! He made short work of them! Duncan was interviewed by the police and was considered for prosecution - they decided against that but I have to say he is his own worst enemy. He is so passionate when he plays and just wants to give 100% but unfortunately he has become a target for opposing players who just get at him and he retaliates. Referees also seem to notice him more as he tends to stand out from the rest of the players on the pitch. He will receive an automatic 3 match ban.
Nearly time to go back to work. It's working out really well at the moment and - Praise God - I am enjoying working there!