14 January 2006

I cannot believe

that it is almost a week since my last post!

I have had a very interesting week at work. Having handed in a months notice to quit, on the day that Kriss and myself went over to Ullapool, I returned to work this past week and found myself being encouraged by the way that my hours and job description had been set up. So I have withdrawn my notice to quit and next week I am going to discuss further my janitor duties. The driving duties are well set in place but there was always confusion about just what I was exactly responsible for in the way of janitor duties. So hopefully next week that will all be settled and everyone will be happy.

So thank you for your prayers and encouragement.



As you can see from the above photo it has been a gloriously sunny, winters day and this was taken about 3 this afternoon - cottage on the left. The road, that you can see going away from you, goes down to crossroads but also turns immediately left just by the end of our ground. We have had notification from the roads department that the road is going to be widened and there will be a bend which will take the road away from our ground. Hopefully it will make driving on this road a lot safer.

Everton won away 1 v 0 at Portsmouth this afternoon and that has moved us up to 14th and only 3 points off the top half of the league!

Right, I am going off to our local Chinese food takeaway just now as we have decided to treat ourselves. We are going to snuggle up with a Chinese meal, some mulled wine and maybe one of the Jimmy Cagney DVDs - "Angels with dirty faces" anyone? - that daughter R gave to me at Christmas.

Have a good rest of the weekend and hopefully if you are worshipping tomorrow it will be a time of true blessing.