01 December 2005

The last few days

have been a time of reflection and meditation. I have struggled with feelings of inadequacy and with the impression of not doing enough as a Christian. I have felt that I am not doing enough in the Lord's name. I see my wife Kriss and my friend Vic being accepted as Exhorters in the Church of God and it makes me question my committment. I know I am busy for the Lord in that I am busy doing practical stuff for my fellowship. But is it a God given ministry? I have never really been an academic and have always leaned towards the practical. I have been told that I have spiritual wisdom and I know we can't all be up the front preaching & teaching. I guess I need to rest in Him and be open and teachable; I need to be properly content in Him; I know God loves me and He will use me.

I read the following in a song book this morning:


Let the exile come, let the stranger come,
let the weary come find rest;
all you homeless sons, all you widowed ones;
all you poor and dispossessed.
For a table waits in your Father's house,
there the meek can come and eat;
there's a place of rest at your Father's breast,
where His mercy is complete.


Robin Mark. copyright 2001 Integrity's Hosanna Music/Sovereign Music UK

I have felt like an exile at times this week but I know that there is a place for me at my Father's breast. Amen.