22 October 2005

Not had the

best of weeks at work but cell group on Thursday evening was such a blessing! It went really well and I think we were all blessed! Here are the notes:

Please read 2 Tim 1 v1-12; John 6 v63,64a; Rev 12 v7-12.

Discuss the following :
1) What makes a testimony?
2) What does testimony do?

Experts tell us that the attention span of the average person is about 2 minutes:
for next week – be able to give some sort of testimony in a 2 minute slot.
Remember – fear is not of God, it is a weapon of Satan. If you can do an Icebreaker……!
See your testimony in the light of the Revelation passage above.
Testimony doesn’t have to be complex – just true.

At the end of the morning service Debbie Munro asked if she could speak out a Word she felt was from the Lord. This is the content of that Word.

“For yet a little while you have turned my face away from you, but my ear is inclined to hear your cries. I know you inside out; you can hide nothing from me.
Show me yourself – be obedient, be honest, be true, be real. Allow me to look upon you, to touch you, to see you.”

1 Thess 5 v19-21.
I feel this is a Word for both individuals and the fellowship to withhold nothing of ourselves from the Lord. Please prayerfully consider your response.

W What’s the point [of the message] ?
W What’s it got to do with me?
W What am I going to do about it?

Dot = Full Stop [To What do I need to bring an end in my life walk?]
Net How can I use what I have learned to be equipped or to directly reach out to others?

I've spent most of today in the study. Boy was it in a mess! I've been very lazy these last few weeks and I needed to get in here and basically sort out a load of personal stuff as well as putting letters, bills etc in the right place! As a result of my efforts today there is a lot of paper for the recycling plant!

The youth cell went bowling last night and then had a sleepover at PTH [Pinetree House], our church building. Apparently they didn't settle down until 3am and the adults with them are just a tad fragile today!

Right, time to eat and settle down for a quiet evening reading and listening to some music. We have drastically reduced our TV viewing since we recently stopped subscribing to Sky TV - boy what a waste of money that was!

Hopefully I will get round to posting up some more photos, from last Saturday, over at flickr.