at work I had a very interesting discussion with the proprietor of Ark Childcare. I had realised after the first two days at work that the hours as the minibus driver where only going to add up to about 10 a week. Now whilst I don't need full time work to help pay the bills I was still going to need about 20 hours a week. So on Wednesday I came up with the idea of being the janitor as the regular cleaning lady was leaving this week. So, whilst I probably won't be doing all the cleaning, I'm going to be the janitor as well as the driver. Then yesterday I was asked if I'd like to be available to help out with the children as required, to which I said yes. And then I was asked to go on a course today to learn about sport/games for young children! And it was a terrific day - I got to play games for 5 hours with about 15 other adults from various childcare places! About 10 years ago I was the leader of a children's club, for 7 - 11 year olds, at Elgin Baptist Church and I throughly enjoyed that for 4 years. So it looks like I'm going to be working more than 20 hours/week and I get to play games at work as well! Praise God!
Yesterday I went into the local hospital for a minor procedure and my consultant was going to look into my bladder to make sure everything was ok after the prostate problem I had had last year. Now because of one of the drugs I'm on keeps my blood good and thin they couldn't give a general anaesthetic and the doc couldn't get the "telescope" inside of me even with a local anaesthetic! So I came home and I'm hopefully going back inside of about 6 weeks.
No game for Everton this weekend but we play Manchester Utd. on Wednesday night, which will be a tough game for us. Then on Friday myself and son David will travel south to go to Everton's home game against Birmingham on Saturday. We'll stay overnight at a Travelinn at Carlisle on Friday and then come home after the game on Saturday night.
Nothing really spiritual in this post but as far as the job is concerned I feel that God has just made sure that I have been in the right place at the right time. I believe that I've waited on God and I believe that I've got to be open and when the divine appointments arise with my work colleagues I've got to grasp them and make myself available. I pray that God will strengthen me and use me. Amen.