01 April 2005

Just been

outside feeding one of our neighbours with a carrot! ie: one of the horses in the fields that surround the cottage came up to the fence as I was taking a stroll just before night fell. It has been a glorious spring day and it is wonderful experiencing the light evenings again. It won't be long before it is still light at 9pm; then 10pm; and then it will still be light when we go to bed!

Tomorrow the church council is meeting to decide the leadership, structure and meeting places of our cell church set up. There will be a prayer shield starting at 9am through to 4pm. People have signed up for half hour slots so that all the time we are meeting there will be someone praying for the meeting. I must admit that I am excited as well as - well, apprehensive at the same time. It is a great responsibility that the church council has. We are, we believe, taking a direction given by God through His Word. Four years ago we were led to Isaiah 41 and in these scriptures it tells us about planting the trees in the wilderness. We believe that we are about to start planting those trees. Pray for us; bring us before God so that we are in His Will.

On Monday afternoon at 2.30 I will be taking the driving test for the minibus. The Ark Childcare minibus is out the front as I have the use of it over the weekend so that I can get used to driving it. The owner of Ark is desperate for me to get started as their driver as some of the parents are starting to ask about the children being taken on daytrips. I'm just thankful that there is still a job for me!

Everton are away at W. B. A. (West Bromwich Albion - silent 'w' in Bromwich) on Sunday afternoon and they are on TV again so son David and me get to see them again this season! We need a win having lost the last two games.

Well, I need to get some stuff ready for tomorrow, have an early night and hopefully a restful sleep. I covet your prayers.