12 April 2005

I was up

good and early yesterday to start the new job; what a great feeling it was to start back at work! It's a part time job - morning & afternoon - and not many hours at the moment. However there are plans for day trips to various places and I'll be doing stuff around the building as well. It was great to go in and be made to feel part of the team. I guess the job will evolve over the next few months and as long as I stay fit & healthy it could turn out to be my last job before "retiring"! Jo & Nick are the owners of the business. The building was actually their home. It was a semi-derelict property before they rebuilt it and now they are applying for planning permission to build a suitable home on land that they already own next to the business. They are currently in military housing as Nick flies Tornados in the RAF.

It's a relaxed atmosphere around the place and it's interesting that whilst Jo is not a Christian she gets the nursery assistants to make sure that the children sing thanks for lunch - "Thank you for the food we eat, thank you for the world so sweet" .... etc. Our children's pastor, Vanessa, has a connection with Jo and is considering wether to take up a job offer at the place. Could be that God has set up a divine appointment.

It's great being allowed to use the minibus from home and it gives me time to do a proper vehicle check each morning before setting off. It just seems to be a good job all round but I'll make sure that I don't become complacent and maybe take things for granted. It's been very interesting so far with the children and the ones I've met so far seem ok.

I'm leading the men's group this evening as Pastor Dave is away in Spain. We are currently looking at "Biblical Authority" and I think that we will go through the scripture references, from Sunday am, that Pastor Dave brought us.

On Friday morning I am going into our local hospital for a minor operation. Subsequent to my prostrate problem they are going to look inside my bladder to make sure that everything is ok. Needless to say I am glad that they are going to use a general anaesthetic!

So that's me back to work and feeling pretty good about the rich tapestry that is life - the abundant life that God, by His grace, provides.