listening to Everton's home game against Crystal Palace whilst I am blogging. Come on you blues!!!
The last few days have been a bit of a blur and now, seemingly suddenly, I start my new driving job tomorrow morning. It is just over 6 months since the heart attack and I can't wait to get back into the working routine; but I'm sure that the children will make it far from being routine.
Well the wedding of Charles & Camilla ---- YES!!! 7 minutes into the game Everton 1 nil up!!!
As I was saying, the wedding went off ok but, without being nasty, I had no interest in it whatsoever. The one thing that concerns me about Charles is that if he ever becomes King Charles then how will he reconcile his apparent new age views with his role as "Defender of the Faith"? I'm not a republican but neither am I a royalist. The royal family and British traditions attract a lot of tourist money into the UK and that can't be denied. However I believe that our royal family should operate in the way that say the Dutch Royal Family operate. Only the head of the family receives money from what is known as the civil list and the rest of them work. I believe that the eldest son in the Dutch Royal Family is employed by an airline. I don't think it's right that just by an "accident" of birth that somebody, like say Prince William, could possibly go through life without working, live of the state and have a materially comfortable life. Mind you that could quite easily describe someone who lives off state (welfare) benefits!!!
This morning we presented the framework of the fellowship's move into a cell church set up at the morning service. So far, so good. We have set aside Saturday 30 April as a day for everybody to get together and ask their questions, express their concerns and pray. We are planning on finishing the day with a meal and a time of "inter-cell fun & games"!!!
Kriss is speaking at the evening service today as Pastor Dave is flying out to Spain tonight with one of his daughters. She is currently studying Spanish & law at university and she will spend the next academic year working and studying in Spain. Nice one! I've no idea what Kriss has been led to speak about but she was well received the last time she spoke.
Sunday lunch is nearly ready; Everton are still leading 1 nil and I have a new job! Praise God!