21 March 2005

I'll not

go into details but the job is safe. All my future employer wanted to chat about was to see if I was available for the regular school runs on the next few Wednesday afternoons! I am allowed to do volunteer driving as long as there is no more than 8 passenger seats in the vehicle and I am accompanied by one of the employed staff - it's all to do with the Child Protection Act.

I am due to take the theory test tomorrow afternoon which includes the hazard perception test - that's done via a DVD and you have to watch film of driving situations and recognise potential hazards. I've been trying out some example tests this afternoon and it is very hit and miss! Nervous? Me? You better believe it!

Yesterday was a poor day for Everton. We lost 2v1 to Liverpool but we were so bad it was embarrassing! It's going to be a difficult time to the end of the season and although we are still 4th and above Liverpool by 5 points they could still overtake us. Bolton are also getting close to us and it could all come down to the last game of the season when we are away at Bolton!

The days are staying lighter just that bit longer now and UK time goes forward by an hour this coming weekend to take us into British Summer Time. (BST) So by this time next week we will have days when it will not get properly dark until about 7.30pm; spring is just about here! By the time mid-summer is here it doesn't really get dark through the night. The local golf courses do overnight golf and the local gliding club also do through the night flying! It's great for late night barbeques and just chilling out with friends.

I feel so much better than I did this time last week but I guess it was just me being paranoid but of course just because you are paranoid doesn't mean that there is no one out to get you! Ha!

After the disappointment of the Everton match yesterday it was so good to go into our evening worship service. What a blessing that was! It just put everything into perspective! Praise God!