25 March 2005

I don't normally

blog about news items that require a more eloquent voice than I am capable of. I find it difficult to express my concerns and feelings about situations that I feel passionate about - I generally leave that sort of thing upto "real live preacher" & "internet monk" etc. However, I have become concerned about the report about Britons, who are undergoing IVF treatment, to possibly be given the "right" to decide the sex of their child/children for "family balancing" reasons. I would suggest that before too long, if this is allowed, there will be "a voice" that will be raised that all parents be given the right to choose the sex of their child. Now, forgive me if I am wrong, but is this not the type of medical procedures that we tried and executed a number of Nazis for at the end of WW2? I am convinced that, as with abortion, the rules will gradually be relaxed and gender choice will become just another choice that the "it's our right" brigade will demand. I honestly believe that we are less than 20 years away from total euthanasia, abortion for any reason, gender selection on demand for all and IVF for any woman, single or otherwise! Mankind is storing up so many problems for itself by intefering and meddling. But, as I've said before, we should not be surprised that mankind is "hell bent" on destroying itself!

Our church fellowship is going into a cell church set up beginning in September. I know that there is a lot of pros and cons to consider but we believe that it is the right path for us to take.
I'd be interested in any comments about experiences either good or bad.

No Premier League club matches this w/e (weekend) as there are World Cup qualifying games on. England are playing Northern Ireland and Scotland are away against Italy.

It is a beautiful spring day and I really should be outside getting to grips with the garden etc.

We are going to visit daughter Rachel on Monday. It's about a 3 hour trip to her place in Kirkcaldy - pronounced "Kerrcody" (the "cod" as the fish) - just north of Edinburgh.

We are having a 24 hour fast within the fellowship from 6pm this evening with a get together in Pinetree House tomorrow afternoon. I normally struggle with fasting but I am really ready for this time as I believe that we, as a fellowship, are ready for the next step.

Hope you all have a great w/e.