sick about hearing of the forthcoming marriage of Prince Charles and Camilla Parker-Bowles. The media have already started going overboard and will continue to do so for months even after the actual event. I was and never have been, nor ever will be into the whole Charles/Diana thing! We have more important things to concern us and yes, if that's the case then I shouldn't be blogging about it. It's not just this particular event that gets to me. I'm just so - I'm trying not to swear here - angry the way the media thinks that we are all celebrity centered and they just push it on to us! Example: There are two young men here in the UK known as "Ant & Dec". Now they came to fame, as it were, due to a children's TV drama series a few years back. They now "host" - I use the word loosely - a prime time Saturday evening light entertainment progam. I have never watched it; I don't like them; for the first time ever I actually sat and watched them do an interview this morning that they were doing to promote the new series of their show. The interviewers were practically drooling over these two excuses for entertainers and they made me so angry when they said that the last series was so succesful that "everyone stayed at home to watch it". Excuse me, no, everyone didn't stay at home to watch it! Oh boy, I'm turning into an angry old man! I just wish the media would use our great language correctly and not make generalisations.
So, nearly midday in Scotland. Not a bad looking day so far. Rain forecast for later - and no it doesn't rain all the time in the Highlands of Scotland! Ha!
Everton are at home tomorrow to Chelsea; Chelsea are top of the league so it's going to be a tough game. Kick off is 12.45 UK time and it's on pay per view so David will be joining me after he finishes work at midday. If we win and Man. Utd. win, then they will gain on Chelsea and I really don't want that to happen because I really do not want Man. Utd. to win the Championship. But there are possible problems for Man. Utd. behind the scenes because it looks as if Malcom Glazer is preparing another bid to buy Man. Utd. and the majority of the fans do not want that to happen. But I guess that if you become a Public Limited Company you put yourself at risk of being taken over. The shareholder fans of Man. Utd. were quite happy to gain from the benefits of becoming a PLC so now they have to accept that they have become a target for a takeover bid.
Kriss is finishing early today so we are going to have lunch in town and then the shopping at ASDA; then home and this evening some of us will be at the church for cleaning as our cleaner is on holiday this week. We will also have a good time of fellowship.
Bye for now.