of freshly baked bread is wafting through the cottage. Mmmmmm!!!
It has been an interesting few days with one thing and another. Hunting with dogs is now illegal in the rest of the UK after Scotland banned it last year. I am pleased about that and whilst I have not got a problem with hunters hunting, I have got a problem with hunting where it ends up with a pack of dogs ripping a fox to pieces. I have seen, in the fields around the cottage, hares being chased by greyhounds, that have been let out of vehicles to find & chase any hares in the fields , and then the dogs ripping the hare to pieces. There is no place for hunting with dogs in the 21st century. It's barbaric. I have no problem with a fox, that is a nuisance, being shot or even a hare. I have no problem with deer being hunted, but not with dogs. This may help - CRUEL SPORT.
The government is trying to give absolute power to the Home Secretary to imprison indefenitely, without charge, anyone who is suspected of terrorist connections. Now whilst I want the UK to be kept as safe as possible I just think it is too much power to give to one person. It needs to be presented to a judge in courts especially set up for this purpose. People can still be arrested on suspicion and presented before a judge - in fact we have those powers now, so why give this sort of power to just one person?
Ok, on to more important matters!!! In just under an hour Everton play Manchester United in the 5th round of the FA Cup and of course this is the first time that young Wayne Rooney is back at Goodison Park since his transfer to MU away from Everton last summer - BOY WONDER
It's on TV and son David is already here. I have a feeling that there is going to be a lot of trouble both on and off the pitch. I am hoping that everything will be ok and even if we lose I just hope we play well. I will post later to let you know the result wether we win, lose or draw. As Margaret send in a comment below: "GO EVERTON"!!!