06 January 2005

Today

I start the next phase of my rehab programme at the gym. It's going to be hard to get back in to it after the holiday! It will be good though to be back at the gym as the last few days have been really hard for me. I have just lacked real motivation to do anything of any real significance. I need to be back at work and hopefully the medical tomorrow will be the first step towards that.

Everton won against Portsmouth the other night by 2v1 - Leon Osman scored the winner in the last minute. A good result which keeps us in fourth place. Man Utd were very fortunate in their match against Spurs. Near the end of the game, Pedro Mendes booted the ball,from about 50 yards, at the MU goal more in hope I guess. However the MU goalie had to try and catch it just in front of the line - the ball bounced out of his arms over his shoulder, went over the line into the goal but the goalie managed to dive back over the line and scoop the ball back into play! However the linesman - oh sorry - assistant referee - was not in a position to say that it was defenitely over the line! So the goal wasn't given! The game ended as a 0v0. So now a lot of people are calling for goaline decisions to be made electronically in some way. I'm not sure myself because it could lead to football becoming a stop/start sport and the beauty of football(soccer) is the fact that it is continuous with all that excitement that keeping the game going brings.

Right, need to get ready to go the gym.